Cove Fort Series #2
This site on Cove Creek was the natural location for a night's encampment between the communities of Fillmore and Beaver. The abandonment of Fort Willden in 1865 left travelers without a sanctuary from hostile Indians (the Black Hawk War commenced in 1865), or from severe weather conditions. the primary structure was completed. The walls of the fort form a square which is 100 feet on each side. The walls are comprised mainly of black volcanic rock and dark limestone laid up in lime mortar, and are eighteen feet high.
Cove FortMormonBrigham Youngmoving west.